What is CatholicLink?
CatholicLink is an innovative partnership with a purpose to advance Catholic education in the Greater Green Bay Area. Founded in 2014, Green Bay Area Catholic Education (GRACE) school system, Notre Dame Academy (NDA) and St. Norbert College (SNC) joined forces to create this partnership which continues to flourish.
The goals of CatholicLink are to increase enrollment and retain talented faculty and staff in Catholic schools in the Greater Green Bay Area.
The spectrum of the Green Bay area’s faith-based excellence in teaching and learning is comprised by these partners:
- Green Bay Area Catholic Education – grades K-8, three- and four-year-old early childhood education
- Notre Dame Academy – grades 9-12
- St. Norbert College – post-secondary education
Combining Bishop David Ricken’s support with the strong commitment from SNC President Brian Bruess, NDA President Kevin Shaw and GRACE President, Kim Desotell, CatholicLink’s momentum continues to propose success as a trendsetting organization in the nation. [View Bishop Ricken’s Letter of Support]
The CatholicLink team, supporters and friends gathered in June 2018 for the Annual Spring CatholicLink Program and Educator Award Ceremony.
The CatholicLink Society is comprised of those individuals who have attended two of the three CatholicLink institutions as part of their educational journey. In addition, a special and unique segment of the CatholicLink Society are Trifectas who represent those who have graduated from all three CatholicLink institutions: GRACE, NDA and SNC.
These honorees are recognized through this Society for their commitment to Catholic education.
“Over time, we hope this group will network with fellow alumni, mentor current students and help us visualize tomorrow’s world-class Catholic education“, said Kevin Shaw, president of Notre Dame Academy.
If you or someone your know is part of the CatholicLink Society and has not yet been recognized, please contact the President’s Office at Notre Dame Academy.
The latest groundbreaking leadership development from this partnership is the creation of the CatholicLink Center for Education and Innovation. The Center, which is anticipated to launch in January 2019, will strengthen our Catholic schools by
- offering professional development for faculty and staff
- providing leadership development for administrators and school leaders
- conducting research and publishing best practices within Catholic education
The Center task force is led by Dr. Tynisha Meidl, Co-Chair of Teacher Education and Associate Professor of Teacher Education at St. Norbert College.
In support of CatholicLink goals, the following benefits are offered to those working within Catholic schools:
- 50% tuition waiver for employees’ children
- expertise in admissions, marketing, fundraising, alumni relations, athletics and professional education
- $5,000 stipend for St. Norbert College graduates who teach at Notre Dame Academy or GRACE for three consecutive years
Additional benefits of the CatholicLink partnership is the extension of the CatholicLink tuition discount to benefit-eligible employees from the 23 affiliated parishes.
These recipients were the inaugural awardees of this grant! Pictured left to right:
- Margaret Hogan, GRACE-St. John the Baptist School
- Miranda VandenBoomen, GRACE-St. Bernard Catholic School
- Katie Summers, GRACE- Notre Dame School of De Pere
The Green Bay Area Catholic Education (GRACE) system includes nine schools providing excellence in early childhood through eighth grade education and serves the 23 Catholic parishes within the Greater Green Bay community. GRACE schools range in offerings and locations, and each has its own distinct history, focus and parish connections. GRACE is one of the largest Catholic school system in the state of Wisconsin. www.gracesystem.org
Notre Dame Academy
Notre Dame Academy is the premier Catholic high school in Green Bay that embraces more than 120 years of educational excellence. This caring, faith-filled environment welcomes students from across the region and the world through its international program. Notre Dame Academy students hold a 99% college admission and attendance rate. www.notredameacademy.com
St. Norbert College
The only Norbertine college in the world, St. Norbert is a four-year, Catholic liberal arts college, devoted to the Norbertine traditions of community, prayer and service to others. Founded in 1898 by Abbot Bernard Pennings, the residential campus today serves approximately 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students from throughout the United States and more than 30 countries. The academic excellence of the college is nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges. www.snc.edu
“By coming together in dialogue we are finding ways to help one another in providing exceptional faith-based educational experiences for our students.” ~ 2014 quote by current Abbot Dane Radecki, O.Praem., former GRACE President and founding CatholicLink contributor
Pictured left to right: NDA President Kevin Shaw, GRACE President, Kim Desotell, SNC President Brian Bruess at the Spring 2018 CatholicLink Program
- September 5, 2018 | Record Enrollment for CatholicLink Partners
- June 7, 2018 | CatholicLink Sets Launch of Center for Education and Innovation for January 2019
- August 7, 2017 | Additional CatholicLink Partnership Benefits
- Fall 2016 | Colleges and Universities Strengthen Catholic Education
- May 17, 2016 | Advancements in CatholicLink Announced by Presidents
- January 30, 2016 | Green Bay Catholic Schools Set an Example
- Winter 2015 | CatholicLink Alumna Spotlight
- June 8, 2015 | CatholicLink Launches