GRACE works with families to find a way to make Catholic education accessible no matter their income. There are a number of ways that tuition can be managed and/or reduced. Families can set up payments and pay tuition over the course of multiple months. Families who have multiple children enrolled in GRACE in grades kindergarten through eleventh grade are eligible for the sibling incentive. Read more about the payment plan options and sibling incentive on our Tuition and Fees webpage. There are other options to explore to manage or reduce tuition as well.
For those who missed the webinar exploring financing opportunities that GRACE offers, you can watch the recorded version here:
English | Spanish (Coming Soon)
The GRACE Financial Aid Program supports over 300 students each year. As more families seek faith-based education, the GRACE Board of Trustees continues to grow the program. The establishment of scholarship endowments also helps keep program funding at levels to meet family requests.
GRACE Financial Aid is available for families who have students enrolled in kindergarten through eighth grade in addition to ninth through eleventh grades at Chesterton Academy of St. John Paul II Classical School.
- The online financial aid application portal for the 2023-24 academic year opened in conjunction with online enrollment.
- After the online enrollment process is completed, a GRACE family who enrolls K-11 students may apply for financial aid online via TADS.
- The applications deadline for the 2023-24 school year is May 1, 2023. Applications submitted after May 1, 2023 will undergo review and award determination as funds permit.
- For information on how to enroll, please see our Enrollment webpage.
In addition to the GRACE award, many of the Catholic parishes also work with GRACE to make additional funds available to assist qualifying families. Please inquire with your school principal to learn more.
Wisconsin Tax Deduction for Tuition Expense
Tax legislation signed into law gives Wisconsin taxpayers the opportunity to deduct private school tuition expenses from their taxable income. A subtraction from income is allowed for tuition expenses that are paid for any of the GRACE schools. Parents/guardians are eligible for a maximum deduction of $4,000 per child in grades K-8 and $10,000 per child in grades 9-12. Students transitioning from eighth to ninth grade are eligible for both deductions. Per state guidance, any amount spent on tuition and book fees are eligible for the deduction. Book fees include digital books, such as laptops or tablet fees issued by the school.
- Tuition tax credit information is available to GRACE families online via GRACE’s enrollment management system, TADS. The TADS Household Paid Tuition Tax Report will provide a breakdown of payments made for the specified household’s tuition account during the tax year. When gathering information for tax preparation, GRACE families are to access their TADS account | select Billing | Billing Account Number | Reports | Household Paid Tuition Tax Report | enter the tax year (i.e. 2023) and submit. This year a quick link also appears at the Billing Accounts – Tuition & Fees screen to access the Household Paid Tuition Tax Report. If you have questions or require assistance, please call TADS Family Support at (800) 477-8237 or GRACE at (920) 499-7330, option 2.
Wisconsin Parental Choice Program
The Wisconsin Parental Choice Program allows students in designated preschool programs through seventh grade, who meet entry, residency and eligibility requirements, to receive state aid for their full tuition and attend one of our GRACE schools. Program criteria is specific and the application period is in the spring each year.
Families must apply during the open application period in order to qualify. Please apply early and plan accordingly. In addition to submission of the online application, all required application documentation must be received by GRACE’s Outreach Administrator prior to the deadline day/time – no exceptions. Please refer to the Wisconsin Parental Choice webpage for more information.
Scrip Tuition Reductions
A Scrip program at each school allows for families to buy gift cards through their school for the items or gifts they purchase everyday, such as gas, clothing, groceries and restaurants. Once school requirements are met (see each school’s Enrollment Contract on our webpage for details on Scrip requirements), a percentage of what is purchased can be discounted off tuition. For more information, please contact your school’s principal.
Many of our GRACE partner Catholic parishes and schools work with GRACE to make additional funds available to assist qualifying families. For further details, please contact your school’s principal or parish.