Our 2018 GRACE: Gold Summer Camp was a huge success! Stay tuned for details on our 2019 GRACE-filled summer!
GRACE is excited to announce the success of our newest adventure, GRACE: Gold Summer Camp! Our 2018 summer camp was a hands-on summer enrichment program involving spirituality, academics and social skills through fun, innovative classes.
Putting Catholic into Camp
GRACE believes in nurturing the whole child, which includes spiritual guidance and growth. With our GRACE: Gold programming we are committed to ensuring that faith is an integral part of our summer camp experience. Participants in our 2018 GRACE: Gold Summer Camp experienced
- Time for prayer appropriate to each grade band
- A daily morning devotion to be held in a large group setting
- Mass held once per week during the lunch break
- The Angelus will be prayed at noon in a large group setting
- Teachers will include a faith connection/devotion with their students daily
Our 2018 GRACE: Gold Summer Camp included
- A four-week program from July 9 through August 3, 2018 with flexible week selections
- Morning camp option from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Afternoon camp option from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- All-day option from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. with a lunch break and “Discovery Time”
- Course offerings for students from three-year old early childhood through those entering into ninth grade
- Weekly mass
- Daily lunch break (for all day options) with Discovery Time
- Lunch is BYOL – Bring Your Own Lunch
- Discovery Time will involve speakers, presentations and fun-filled activities for student participation
- Families are responsible for transportation of children to and from the GRACE: Gold Summer Camp site; bus transportation is not available
- Before and After Camp Care Options
- Before option from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- After option from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Our initial year of GRACE: Gold Summer Camp was hosted at our Father Allouez Catholic Middle School, Resurrection Campus. We are very grateful for the kindness and assistance extended from our affiliated Resurrection Parish to partner with us in hosting our exciting 2018 summer adventure.
- Father Allouez Catholic – Middle School
- Resurrection Campus
- 333 Hilltop Drive
- Green Bay, WI 54301
2018 Course Offerings
More than 25 courses were offered in the areas of math, literacy, science, foreign languages, athletics, and the performing – visual – and culinary arts. All courses included a faith component. Examples of specific classes include “Getting Ready for Kindergarten”, “Musical Theatre Pros”, “Author Adventures” and “Farm to Table”.
2018 Camp Costs
- Based on option:
- All-day, $150 per week per child
- Half-day, $75 per week per child
- Additional fees may apply for certain classes that involve additional material/resources
- A non-refundable enrollment (registration) fee is required at the time of Camp sign-up
- Tuition assistance is not available but payment plan options are offered
- Laura Blicharz
- GRACE: Gold Summer Camps Program Director
- 920-499-7330, ext. 312