Program Mission Statement
To honor the diversity that God has created, the mission of the GRACE World Language program is to promote global communication and cultural awareness within a faith-based environment, thus developing the next generation of servant leaders in Christ.
Para honrar la diversidad que Dios ha creado, la misión del Programa del Lenguaje Mundial del Sistema de GRACE, es promover la comunicación global y el conocimiento cultural dentro de un ambiente basado en la fe, desarrollando así la próxima generación de líderes servidores de Cristo.
为了荣耀上帝所创造的多样性, GRACE系统世界语言项目的使命是: 在基于信仰的环境中, 促进全球交流和文化意识, 从而培养基督的下一代仆人领袖
- Acquire a second World Language in a faith-based environment
- Develop an appreciation of diverse cultures leading to an understanding of and appreciation for others
- Increase proficiency and effectiveness in the interpersonal, interpretive and presentational methods in
a second language
What’s Going On?
Check out What’s Going On contributions from GRACE’s amazing World Language teachers!
- September 2017: Annual “Dieciséis” Event
- October 2017: Three-Tiered Approach to Learning a Second Language
- December 2017/January 2018: First Annual Posadas Re-enactment and Guatemala Medical Mission Support
- March 2018: Celebrating the Chinese New Year
- April 2018: Learning Spanish through a Global Inquiry-Based Approach
- May 2018: Embracing Diversity through History, Cultural Studies, Literature and a Second Language
Standards and Benchmarks
The program outline is provided in this updated summary: GRACE World Language Standards and Benchmarks 2018.
Spanish and Mandarin Classes
GRACE values our commitment to growing children into global citizens and preparing them for life after school. GRACE offers Spanish and Mandarin classes to help our children see the world through the eyes of others and to recognize the Holy Spirit in all people.
The 2018-19 school year brings an exciting change to the GRACE Spanish Program. Schools are implementing a common middle-level curriculum using the Español Santillana program as our primary resource. All schools have class sets of the physical textbooks, and students at several schools also have personal accounts to the digital textbooks, practice workbooks, and speaking/listening workbooks. Students in kindergarten through fifth grade learn Spanish through the lens of a specific country. Please click on the country name below to view that grade’s scope and sequence.
- Kindergarten: Mexico
- Grade 1: Costa Rica
- Grade 2: Peru
- Grade 3: Cuba
- Grade 4: Spain
- Grade 5: Argentina
The GRACE Mandarin Program at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School continues to thrive. Students in kindergarten, first and second grades have Mandarin classes twice a week, along with Spanish classes three times a week. Access to both languages gives students another opportunity to grasp the scope of God’s world and to expand their linguistic abilities.